The following terms and conditions govern all use of an Application Program Interface (API) to access and use the Makersite.de
application and the services available on or at the Makersite.de
application by you and any third parties who use your account.
Acceptance of Terms
Use of the Makersite APIs is offered subject to acceptance of and compliance with all of the terms and conditions contained herein (the Makersite API
application. By clicking “I accept” and/or by your use of the Makersite APIs, you agree and accept all the terms in this agreement and all others mentioned above.
General Rules of Conduct
In using the Makersite APIs, you represent that:
- you have read and understood the Site’s Community Guidelines.
In accessing and downloading content from Makersite using a Makersite API, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Makersite does not endorse, manage, oversee, control, take responsibility for, or make any representations or warranties for any Makersite APIs, including third-party Makersite API applications;
- Makersite is not responsible for a) any User-uploaded content, format, Metadata, or lack thereof; b) representations or warranties made by the User about the User-uploaded content; and/or c) any limitations or restrictions placed on any User-uploaded content by the User, and will not be held liable with respect to the above (i) for any direct damages, or (ii) for any lost profits or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever;
- Makersite will not be liable or held responsible for any losses or damages to you, your affiliates/affiliated institutions, your service/API application, or anything else related to you, caused either in whole or in part by your access to and/or use of a Makersite API application;
- Makersite does not oversee, manage, or have any control over, and is therefore not responsible for, any content, services, materials, and information provided by the Makersite API application;
- Makersite makes no warranties and/or representations as to the timeliness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, correctness, availability, security, lack of defects/errors, lack of viruses/other harmful components, or overall quality of any content, materials, documents, files, and other information either uploaded or downloaded on Makersite by you or any third party; and
- Makersite makes no warranties and/or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, availability, security, and overall quality of anything found on Makersite as accessed through the Makersite API.
In using the Makersite APIs, you shall not:
- attempt to conceal or otherwise misrepresent your identity or your application’s identity when using or requesting authorization to use the Makersite APIs;
- use the Makersite APIs in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, any right of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of data use and distribution, etc.;
- use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth. Makersite reserves the right to decide what is unreasonable and may, at any time, restrict your access and use of the materials and services on Makersite through a Makersite API if it deems your bandwidth use is unreasonable;
- use Makersite APIs in a manner that may impair the functionality, stability, or operation of Makersite servers or adversely impact the behavior of other users or applications using the Makersite APIs;
- use the Makersite APIs for or in connection with any malicious programs or code including, but not limited to, adware or spyware;
- sell, lease, or sublicense datasets or other information found or downloaded from the Makersite servers; and
- sell, lease, or sublicense Makersite’s API application software, or access thereto or derive revenues, directly or indirectly, from the use or provision of Makersite’s API application software.
Modification & Severability of Terms
Makersite reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the terms in this Agreement at any time without prior notice to Users. It is your responsibility to check the Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.